Marlene (Baerg) Oddie is an engineer by education, a financial services systems professional by experience, a project manager by profession, and a quilter by passion. She believes in the KISS (Keep It Simple S______) method and has incorporated this into the company name.
After living the corporate life all over the world, Marlene's marriage in February 2009 has given her an opportunity to be creative full-time.
She is excited to offer these skills to you if you wish for some assistance in turning your ideas into a reality, perhaps in a quilted item that can be cherished for years by yourself or the ultimate recipient.
Marlene has taken long-arm machine quilting classes from:
Linda V. Taylor
Suzanne Young, local Walla Walla quilter and my first long-arm teacher.
Piecing and Design classes or presentations from:
Jayme Crowe-Bella Nonna Design Studio
Contest Results of Note:
"Rosie's BOMb - We Can Do It! Skill Builder Sampler"
- Outstanding in the Field, Tri-Cities Quilt Show 2013
- Best Machine Quilting, Krazy Horse Quilt Show 2013
- Featured Quilt on Cover of 'Professional Quilter' - Summer 2013
- juried into Pacific West Quilt Show, 2013
- 2nd Place, AQS DesMoines 2013
- juried into MQX East, 2014
- Ribbon at Fronen Steppdecker, Odessa Quilt Club, 2014
- EESchenck's 2015 Spring Trends - Judge's Best Technical
- Winner, EQ7 2011 BOM, Layout Contest 2012
- Featured quilt in noteworthy section of Machine Quilting Unlimited - Summer 2012
- 2nd place, Machine Quilted, Pieced, Solo, Washington State Quilter's - Spokane Quilt Show 2012
- juried into Road to California 2013
- Best of Show - Ferry County Fair 2013
- 2nd place - Lincoln County Fair 2013
- juried into MQX West 2013
- juried into AQS Phoenix 2014
- INMQ Challenge 2013 Honorable Mention
- WSQ Spokane 2013 3rd Place
- Ferry County Fair 2014 - WSQ 1st place ribbon
- juried into Road to California 2015
- Lincoln County Fair 2015 - Best of Show
EESchenck's 2011 Spring Trends - Judge's Choice
Lincoln County 2015 - People's Choice
Walla Walla Valley Quilt Festival 2014
* Client quilt - People's Choice, Large Quilts, 2nd Place - Susan's Glacier Star w/extended borders (pattern by Judy Neimeyer)
Walla Walla Valley Quilt Festival 2013
- "Night and Day" - People's Choice, Small Quilts, 3rd place
* Client quilt - People's Choice, Large Quilts, 1st Place - Charlotte's Christmas Celebration (pattern by Judy Neimeyer)
* Client quilt - People's Choice, Large Quilts, 3rd Place - Rayni's Glacier Star w/extended borders (pattern by Judy Neimeyer)
EESchenck's 2012 Spring Trends - Judge's Best Technical
Walla Walla Valley Quilt Festival 2011 - People's Choice 2nd Place
* Client quilt - "Jinny's Garden for Dad" made by Betty Baerg, quilted by Marlene Oddie
Quilting Gallery - regular participant of weekly themed contests, placed or won several
McCall's Quilt Design Star 2011 - Finalist
- Entry Round: "Royal Peacock Jewels"
- Round 1 Challenge: "1892 Rondure"
- Round 2 Challenge: "Pulsed Illumination"
- Round 3/Final Challenge: "Mi Amore"
Jackie Robinson's Roses Block Challenge 2010 - Viewer's Choice
Block: "Inner Quad Jewel". "Will You Accept This Rose" is the resulting quilt and traveled in the Maywood Trunk Show for a year
Sharon Pederson's Rose of Sharon EQ7 Block Challenge 2009
- Basket Block in the book
- Bird Block in the DVD